NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) has opened applications for its Visiting Undergraduate Research Program, available to undergraduate students from universities across the UAE. Taught by leading NYUAD faculty, the program will create a platform for visiting students to contribute to unique and innovative research projects in NYUAD’s state-of-the-art facilities.
The Visiting Undergraduate Research Program provides an opportunity for a limited number of UAE-based undergraduate students to take part in research projects at NYUAD over the summer from June 10 to July 25, 2019. Applications close on March 31; for more information on the eligibility criteria and how to apply, please visit this link.
This program will allow full-time undergraduate students of good academic and disciplinary standing to enroll in a number of engineering and scientific placements. Students who enroll should expect to gain on-hands experience in their field of interest as well as access to state-of-the-art laboratory facilities under the guidance of NYUAD faculty supervisors. The program is also aimed at equipping students to experience the breadth and depth of research within their chosen field.
Engineering projects and positions include:
- 3D Printing in the Construction Industry with Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering Borja García de Soto
- Feasibility study on hydrogel patterning with cells with Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering Jeremy Teo
- Haptic-based Dental Simulation with Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering Mohamad Eid
- Research Assistant in Emerging Cyber Security Issues with Director of the Center of Cyber Security Hoda Al Khzaimi
- Research Report on NYUAD’s Waste Management with Assistant Professor of Practice of Design Felix Beck
- Surface Passivation of Miniaturized Wearable Biosensor for pH and Ca2+ Ion Concentration Measurement with Assistant Professor of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering Rafael Song
Science projects and positions include: